How to learn the standard practice which taken the workplace in the professional environment?

Started by
17 comments, last by frob 3 years, 1 month ago

Haziq said:
The only issue which I have faced often by other team member that the project is not well organized based on the professional environment and the professional workflow is not used by me.

Then you are the producer, not only the designer? The project's organization is handled by the project manager, not the designer. If people are complaining to you that your project is not well organized, then you must be the project manager (the producer) - not only the designer.

As producer, it's your responsibility to make sure that the various team members have everything they need so they can do their jobs. Maybe you need to hire a project manager to organize the project. In the meanwhile, have you tried Scrum?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Advertisement

@Tom Sloper Is there is any other way I can organize project myself instead of relying on third person? As it is the one of many problems which will occur in the future and I have to deal with it. I just want to figure out the things by myself instead of hiring third person.

“In the meanwhile, have you tried Scrum?”

I am probably going to bash by others on this, but I don't know what the scrum is. I have heard the term scrum, agile but don't necessarily know what this is?

Have you tried Googling “what is scrum”? The main idea of scrum is to let the team manage itself in short sprints. But I don't know if scrum can work well with a 2-person project.

Based on the internet search it says it the part of Agile framework which is used to manage the teams. Now I want to know how it will work on 2 member teams?

Talk to your programmer. Ask him what he thinks ought to be done and can be done in the next 3 weeks (that is called the sprint backlog). Check in with him frequently to see if there is anything blocking him in doing his job. When the sprint is done or the 3 weeks have ended, talk to your programmer and, together, plan the next sprint backlog. Then keep doing that until the game is done.

Thanks for guidance and direction. I will apply it which I have learned from here and internet and used my experience to handle the situation. I hope this learning experience which I will get help me in the future and there is no issue occurred in the future.

Don't eat at your desk.

Haziq said:
In others words project should be self-explanatory.

This is never the case. Explain it with words, show pictures and diagrams, make animations, show math formulas, talk about it, have meetings discussing it, and there will STILL be differences in understanding.

Even people who are amazing at communicating ideas clearly can still struggle to communicate their vision exactly.

Each person needs to be careful about their explanations and do their best to communicate as effectively as they can, then be generous in allowing for implementation differences.

Haziq said:
The only issue which I have faced often by other team member that the project is not well organized based on the professional environment and the professional workflow is not used by me. I only want to know how would I know what is standard professional when transferring the work

Every project does things differently and there are few standards. They range from zipped up directory trees of files uploaded to file transfer sites, to allowing access to wikis and version control, to shipping disks or thumb drives, to shared documents on Google Drive, and everything in between.

Talk with them, discover what they need and want, figure out what you need and want, and find something that works.

If people are using a specific tool, sometimes that tool will have an organization standard that works well for it. Based on your game you may find there are logical ways to organize data, such as terrain and world, game mechanics, characters, weapons, abilities, or whatever, but that organization will be unique to your game and your explanation style.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement