Assistance Compiling Win 64

Started by
2 comments, last by stego 1 year, 3 months ago

Hello and thank you for your time.

Apologies in advance, I'm almost never ever to successfully build any lib without help, my brain just can't wrap around the terminology. I'm currently using embeded LUA in my project but I've heard great things about AngelScript and would like to try to switch.

I'm attempting to compile for Win64 to use in UE5. (Not the special UE version, just my own regular embeded implementation.) I'm using the .sln file in the MSVC2022 folder and am setting it to “Develop Win64” and right clicking on the solution and clicking Build. This outputs an angelscript64.lib which I am able to link with my project however this error happens on Compiling:

mismatch between ‘p1’ version ‘20211014’ and ‘P2’ version ‘20210202’

I am using the same version of MVS on the same machine to compile the library and my actual project.

According to the documentation I tried the first option to place the source files in my project as well but it generated to many compile errors and clashed with a bunch of UE5 macros.

I also tried to use the special build command but my expertise in building libraries is to low to figure out exactly how to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much!

Advertisement

stego said:
mismatch between ‘p1’ version ‘20211014’ and ‘P2’ version ‘20210202’

I guess this means a difference in the Windows SDK or Platform Toolset, which show in Project Settings:

Basically you want the same settings UE uses also for for AC.

@JoeJ

Thanks so much Joe. It's now compiled! Excited to proceed onward, but I'll most likely be back as I'm notoriously bad at setting these things up.

To provide the full information:

This compiled and worked in UE5.1 when I set the MVS Configuration Properties in the angelscript source build to “Visual Studio 2019(v142)” and under Config Properties > C/C++ > Code Generation > Runtime Library : I had to set to Multi-threaded DLL (/MD)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement