Advertisement

[4E6] Discuss Element: Ponies

Started by September 27, 2007 11:31 AM
49 comments, last by Dark Adept 16 years, 11 months ago
Quote: Original post by PaulCesar
When I lived in Modesto CA, you could buy a pony for a bill. Ponies were the common reference for crack cocaine. Crystals are a pretty common reference to crystal meth. And every drug dealer west of the Mississippi considers himself an accontant.

edit: source:
walk down the street in any major metropolitan area asking if you could buy a pony. See if you DONT wind up dead or in jail (unless you have THAT much charisma)

And if I recall correct, explosion is also a drug. I think it was legaly sold here in holland as a xtc replacement until it was banned, but I'm not entirely sure.

if (*pYou == ASSHOLE) { pYou->Die(); delete pYou; };
Quote: Original post by shotgunnutter
I'm still adding collision to my engine, so I don't have time to think about the elements just yet. I'm thinking game play should revolve around grenades (i.e. explosions). Some twisted kind of polo, perhaps.

Like polo on ponies, with grenades, and you play to win precious stones (crystals)?
Advertisement
Stop trying to worm out of the elements! The whole point of the contest is who can integrate them smoothly, not just call your sidearm a pony. Otherwise I could have a pistol called Pony, my shotgun called Accountant, my Uzi called Crystal and my Explosive Grenades.

Now, twisting an element intelligently is a different story, like explosions meaning population explosions etc. Not sure how you could do that with ponies except for the unlikely good outcome thing.
Nick Wilson - Junior C# Developer | See my crappy site
I am thinking of making the pony's walk on two legs most of the time. I guess it would qualify as long as they look (and sound) like pony's?

The reason will be explained in the story btw and fixing it will probably be included as a reason for what the player is doing.
I'm thinking of maybe some nukes, and the 4 horsemen of the apocolypse, except on some ponies.
An rts where you control the four horsemen of the apocolypse, riding on ponies.
I just wanted to see if he would actually do it. Also, this test will rule out any problems with system services.
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by d000hg
I'm still adding collision to my engine, so I don't have time to think about the elements just yet. I'm thinking game play should revolve around grenades (i.e. explosions). Some twisted kind of polo, perhaps.

Like polo on ponies, with grenades, and you play to win precious stones (crystals)?

Yes, excellent idea. Where do the accountants come in? I'm determined to use all four... wait a minute. Idea.... Concentrate.... Damn, lost it.
I just wanted to see if he would actually do it. Also, this test will rule out any problems with system services.
You know, I keep having game ideas with ponies, but where the ponies aren't really necessary (it could be anything, really). But ponies are what incite the ideas, and they fit well, so I think I'm safe from having bolted on elements?
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
An rts where you control the four horsemen of the apocolypse, riding on ponies.
I had the same idea today as well. A comedy, I thought, in the vein of Sam & Max.

two unresolved questions (or maybe i missed their answers) on ponies

1) ponIES - plural - do we need multiple?
2) pony - slang for amount of cash - its mentioned in the explaination, normally i try not to wiggle my way out of the element's spirit, but i had to ask

gracias

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement