Brainstorm: "_______" instead of "Summoner"

Started by
23 comments, last by Red Cloud 14 years, 7 months ago
Ok, after some quick thought tonight (I've been installing Windows 7 and installing everything again, so haven't had that much time to jot down names ;) )

I've come up with a word that sort of blends in the same way as the ancient language. It could be one of the few words that has remained constant since the language has been erased by common tongue (or English I guess you could say)

'Ellunear' perhaps. Pronounced (el-LOO-nee-air) Might play around with the lettering and if any suggestions arise, perhaps it will change, or I may think of something while I'm trying to sleep.

It goes well with their language.

Keep in mind I have gone through everyone's suggestions and they've been very helpful into shaping this word so far, especially the suggestions about the word coming from their own language.

The common people would call them summoners I think, though only to the arrogant. Not many people know about them anyways, so the term summoner won't be used often.

Let me know what you think, or if you have any suggestions. :D
redcloud@adam.com.auSODALIS looking for talented and dedicated tileset and sprite artists. www.sodalisrpg.com
Advertisement
Have you actually developed a language for the game or is this a "making shit up" sort of language?
Quote: Original post by Pete Michaud
Have you actually developed a language for the game or is this a "making shit up" sort of language?

It's 'Making shit up'. Developing a language would be so damn hard, and it's not really needed as it won't be spoken. There will only be a small number of places that might be reffered to in the ancient language, and it the player looks through some books in the temple library it might come up with it which he obviously will not be able to read.
redcloud@adam.com.auSODALIS looking for talented and dedicated tileset and sprite artists. www.sodalisrpg.com
Derogatory term: ripper

You could base it around whatever your name is for the spirit/aether. Just as an example: aetherion, aetheon, aethon
Quote: Original post by Crowseye
Derogatory term: ripper

You could base it around whatever your name is for the spirit/aether. Just as an example: aetherion, aetheon, aethon

Perhaps 'Aellunear', so the A in front of Ellunear. Perhaps this could help bind it to the notion of controlling the aether from the other world as you suggest. I thought of stuff like 'Aethunear' and ' Athest' but to me it sounds to close to atheist etc which would be a bad thing. :)

To the Aellunear they are known as, well, the Aellunear. When this girl comes across the main character, and as the party starts to build up she tells them she is an Aellunear, and is reffered to as that. Most civilians don't know of the Aellunear, but those who do refer to them as the Summoners still, as they only may have heard word that they've called beings to their aid.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement