🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New Idea So Be afraid! Hell-Fire's

Started by
30 comments, last by Fake_Impersonation 22 years, 2 months ago
quote: Original post by Tacit
Listen, don''t take it so hard if people criticize your work.

First of all, I only meant to point out a grammatical error so you could fix it; I''m sure I''m not the only person who gets turned off by this stuff, and it would be a shame for people to skip by your game because of something that could be so easily remedied.

Secondly, most of the threads that start up here about ''new'' games and ''new'' stories get bashed. Partly because they''re usually not really that innovative, and partly because it''s easy to criticize other people when their ideas are not expressed clearly. But, having said that, I don''t bother answering 90% of these types of posts because it''s usually a waste of time. If people are bothering to answer you, take it as a sign that they genuinely want to help. It may seem like the kind of help your parents are trying to give you when they ground you, but in the long run I think you''ll see it''s beneficial.

Most people think they have an original way of doing things. A lot of people actually do. A lot of people just think they do. If I came in here touting an original idea and people showed me that it wasn''t really as original as I had believed, I''d take that experience and use it to create something truly unique. So, that''s what you should do! Don''t take it personally...we don''t know you so our criticism is not of you personally but of the idea. Because frankly, if you don''t want to know people''s opinions (both good and bad) then don''t post your ideas in here.

When your mom says to you ''That''s nice dear...good job.'', she''s being a mom but that doesn''t really help. True criticism helps you to see the weaknesses of your ideas, and fix them, so that next time you come back your ideas will be even stronger, as will your conviction.

So suck it up man. You''re not the first to have his idea smashed or picked apart, and you won''t be the last. Chalk it up to experience and head back to the drawing board...

That''s just the way I see it, anyways.

R.

Yeah, i''m not so much on about you. But what most of you have said isn''t even critism...it''s shouting, how can improve like that all it does is drag you down and you don''t know your mistakes to learn form it.
Notice how i asked for CONSTRUCTRIVE CRITISM
I have never really said my idea was orginal....how come I get bashed for posting an idea and the one saying his idea is orginal has got so much help...MY ORIGINAL RPG...topic...do you see what i mean now.

Legacy of Hell : Live''s(is that correct grammer i''m not sure) on

pretty poor name but is an idea not that orginal either

What we percieve to be Free Will may only be our Fate...Planet Earth is Blue and there''s nothing we can do...

Advertisement
Well at least i leanr 1 lesson this week anyway....

NEVER DRINK VODKA... Last nite i had 2 bottles of vodka (i stole...I'm asshamed of myself) shared some of them round i must have drunk at least a bottle of 700ml at 40%. I got drunk then ill it wasn't funny i didn't even get to see the live bands play at the gig i went to.

I have now quit stealing drinking and i'm on a diet to...one hell of a lesson i leant there then. BTW I'm 16 just

Luckily I'm alive but suffering my stomach kills and i want to throw up again but can't.

Now today I'm going to write lyrics for sum songs and think how to make a more orginal RPG other then time travel.lol

[edited by - fake_impersonation on April 13, 2002 6:51:37 AM]

What we percieve to be Free Will may only be our Fate...Planet Earth is Blue and there''s nothing we can do...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement